I’ve decided to review the whole Heroes of Olympus series on my blog, so here’s my review for book two, The Son of Neptune. Image fro...

Book Review: The Son of Neptune

I’ve decided to review the whole Heroes of Olympus series on my blog, so here’s my review for book two, The Son of Neptune.


Image from Wikipedia

Description: Percy Jackson is back – and thoroughly confused. After his memory is erased, leaving only tiny fragments and a girl named Annabeth, Percy stumbles upon Camp Jupiter. There, he meets new friends, Hazel and Frank, and learns of an ancient threat fast-approaching the demigods’ safe haven. So, Frank and Hazel at his side, Percy embarks on a quest to save Camp Jupiter – and the world – from Gaea, evil earth goddess and mother of giants. For now, she and her sons sleep, but only if Percy and his friends can keep them from wakening.

My Review: 5 stars out of 5. Fun, hilarious, and action-packed, The Son of Neptune’s plot was simply awesome. This quest is just as riveting as all the others with numerous mini-battles leading up to an epic face-off at the end.

I’m used to reading these books in only Percy’s POV (which is totally hilarious), but I loved the other mains, Hazel and Frank, just as much. Honestly though, Frank is too cute! Half the time, I just wanted to hug him. And Hazel’s character is so beautiful; I absolutely love her story.

Overall, it was thoroughly enjoyable, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Have any of you read Rick Riordans books? What do you think of them?


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Percy Jackson books yet - but my siblings absolutely love the series. I'm going to try reading the first book this summer to get a taste for Riordan's style. I really appreciate his humorous way of writing and it's clearly done well for him. ;) So glad to hear you liked The Son of Neptune!

    "The Write Things" - www.cierahorton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should read them! I'm on The Mark of Athena now, and it is so good.

      Delete

Template by Sora Templates. Design by Alexa @ Summer Snowflakes. Button by Mae from Superswankified. Powered by Blogger.